LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system configuration VIs missing

Hi,

I had DaqMX installed on my PC and used the System configuration VIs under Measurement I/O (mostly the Find.vi) to Get the a list of the installed cards in my system.

It worked just fine, but once I remove the DaqMX and install only the Traditional Daq, the System VIs are removed from Labview and my vi is broken.

* Is it possible to install these VIs from anywhere or do they come only with DaqMX ?

(I tried to copy the whole folder of these VIs from another PC, but then I got many messages about missing DLLs

* Is there any similar VIs I can use with only the Traditional DAQ installed ?

* Any other way to get the list of installed devices from MAX or the Device Manager (preferable), which I can apply on a system with or without the DaqMX ?

I'll be grateful for some ideas...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,110 Views)

Hi,

if you're just trying to get back the system configuration VIs, you should be able to install them here: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3667/lang/en

We do not recommend that you use Traditional DAQ, this is a legacy product that we no longer support.

If you use MAX you can generate a report that has all NI software installed. Could you explain what you mean by getting a list of installed devices? Are you looking for all hardware that's connected to a machine?

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,068 Views)
Spoiler
Hi,
Spoiler
Thanks for the link for the Configuration VIs!
Spoiler
Regarding the HW - Yes, I need the details of all the HW connected to the machine. I think the Configuration Find.vi will do the job.
Spoiler

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,043 Views)