LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronizing analog input and counter input

Hi,

I have a VI where I am acquiring samples from multiple sensors every one second. For these I am using analog input terminals. I have another sensor that  is a voltage transducer that outputs a PWM, and I want to get the average duty cylce of that signal. I use a CI semi period measurement to do this.

Is there a way to synchronize this so that when I acquire the AI samples, I also get the average duty cycle over that one second of sampling?

When the fianl VI is done, I want to be sampling continuously for a long time, but I can't figure out this part. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,863 Views)
1. You could try to use the same trigger as a acquisition start for both measurements.
2. At this moment there is no data flow dependency between the two acquisitions. (You could use the error cluster to split from the upper acquisition and enter both acquisition start VIs, this would add a dependency that the acquisition start is sort of synchronised at start.

I have made some changes to point it out more clearly.

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 06-25-2008 08:47 AM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,851 Views)
Hey andre

Thanks for the help. Could you save the file to version 8.2?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,834 Views)
I don't have the time to do this, but here's a screenshot of the modification. Main modifications are in the square decorations (not to be added Smiley Wink).

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 06-26-2008 08:42 AM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,815 Views)

What is the icon called in the bottom decoration box of the VI?  The one to the left of teh "Start Task" function with the arrows, ?, and !.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,357 Views)