LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronizing analog acquisition

Hi, folks

I'm modifying an existing Labview-program that originally samples analog input from one PCI-card only. The new version I'm working will have to sample from two cards as the number of inputs is 30 (differential). There are two tasks in my new program, one for each card. I want to synchronize these sampling tasks so that sampling starts at the same time for both. The sampling is software triggered. How do I solve this? I'm using lv 8.

regards,
Einar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,398 Views)

Which card are you using??

are you using Traditional DAQ or DAQmx??

In LabVIEW, for DAQmx,  Go to Find Examples>> H/W input output>>DAQmx>>Synchronization>>Multi Device folder and choose a suitable example VI.

If using traditional DAQ, Find Examples>> H/W input output>>Traditional DAQ>>Multiple Device folder and choose asuitable example

Hope this helps

Regards

Dev

Message 2 of 4
(2,392 Views)
Hi DevChander!

Thanks for the quick response. I'm using  a NI-6224 card mounted in the PC and the other card is a NI-6229 card which is part of a PXI-system. I'm also using DaqMX. I will have a look at the examples you mentioned and see if I can sort it out.

regards,
Einar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,389 Views)

Hello Einar!

Please read my answer that I posted in regards to your other post since they are related. To summarize: I would recommend you to buy another PXI DAQ board and synchronize through the backplane of the PXI chassis.

Regards,

Jimmie A.

Applications Engineer, National Instruments

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,373 Views)