LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol search in labview 6.0

In the original VI you posted, you have the concantanated string to the format input of Write to Spreadsheet File. This will not create an error but it is not correct and would never work. If your intent is to write a header and then write some data, you should wire the header data to Write Characters to File and then pass the New File Path output of that to the next frame and wire it to the path input of Write to Spreadsheet File. Neither the first VI or your second one makes much sense as is.

It's my recollection, though I'm getting old and my memory is a bit shaky, that these issues you had were corrected in some older posts of yours. Did you ever take one of the LabVIEW classes/tutorials that several people have recomended?
Message 11 of 15
(728 Views)
I think, I am almost there. The viis attached. Only problem, why I need to save once and then replace again the next time?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(713 Views)
One thing you did wrong is that you dropped a Write to Spreadsheet function into frame 0 but then didn't wire any data to it. You should have used Write Characters to File and wired the string you create to it. The second thing is that in frame 1, you don't have a true constant wired to the append to file? input. When you don't wire anything to it, it defaults to false and that replaces the existing file. So, even if you had done frame 0 correctly, you would have overwritten the header you are trying to create.
Message 13 of 15
(708 Views)
I have correted frame 1 but frame 0 still has problems. I have attached a revised version. Anyone can help?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(690 Views)
I don't understand why you are having such problems with such a simple task when you have been using LabVIEW for over a year now. Turn on Context Help. Write Characters to String has an input that must be connected to whatever it is you want to write to a file. You've connected the string %.6f to that input. If that's what you want to write to file, then your work is done. You've also connected your True Boolean constant to the Convert eol? input. You can also right click on a function and select Visible Items>Terminals to see where you have connected things.
Message 15 of 15
(683 Views)