From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol search in labview 6.0

I am looking for a symbol in labview 6.0. The file is attached. Is it line feed or tab? Both do not work.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,328 Views)
I have attached another file to clarify the problem. Anyone please.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,322 Views)
It's a sequence local. Right click on the sequence structure and select Add Sequence Local. You can then wire from something in one frame to it. It will then assign an "up" arrow in the frame with the source and all frames after will have a "down" arrow. A sequence local is the method used tp pass data from one fram to another. Of course, in the example you posted, there is absolutely no reason to use a sequence structure at all.
Message 3 of 15
(3,318 Views)
I have attached a complicated vi regarding the matter. Why is there still a broken line?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,312 Views)
If you turn on the Context Help (and you should probably have it on whenever you are developing or troubleshooting code), it will tell you what is wrong with a wire when you hover the wiring tool over the broken wire.

In your case is says you have wired two sources to one sequence local, which you have. In frame zero you connect a string to the local. In frame one you have the "new file path" output from the Write to Spreadsheet File connected to the same local. In any frame after the one where you first wired something to a sequency local, the local is read-only.

And, as Dennis mentioned, there is no need for that sequence structure at all.

Lynn
Message 5 of 15
(3,306 Views)
You can't connect two sources together. You have one source in frame 0 which is the concatanated string. Then in frame 1, you have another source that is the new file path output of Write to Spreadsheet File. If you would eliminate the totally unnecessary sequence structure, simple errors like this would be clearer.
Message 6 of 15
(3,306 Views)
Why are there no broken arrows in my first post, april forum.vi? It also has two sources connected together?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,299 Views)
Nonsense. It has a source in frame 0 connected to an input in frame1. It's just your bad routing of the wiring in frame 1 that makes it look goofy. In frame 1, you are connecting to an input of Concantante Strings. All you have to do is double click on a wire to show the true path.
Message 8 of 15
(3,296 Views)
You have just experienced why wires should be routed around objects. Moving the wire in question makes it apparent that it is an input to the Concatenate String function.
Message 9 of 15
(3,292 Views)
How about the source in frame 0 and frame 2. There are no brokenm arrows in frame 2. Anyway how am I to coonect the frame 0 to frame 1 of april2vi?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,287 Views)