LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supressing restart after installation

This is a very easy question,

We have an Application that is designed in LabView and we have made an installer for it in its labview project. It also requires couple of super essential packages/drivers to be installed after the labview application has been installed (which we have added them in the set-up project options). At this point, sometimes the labview installer requires the computer to reboot. (and most of the times users press "Reboot Now" instead of "reboot later" although they have been told that they should not do this.) If our clients reboot after labview installation, they will not be prompted to continue with the rest of driver installation and will end up with an incomplete package.

This article explains that in order to spress reboot after installation completes, we can call the installer executable with /r, /r:n.

First of all, I am a bit confused should the comma in the middle be there? In other words, should we run setup.exe with literally these exact args (/r, /r:n) OR, the comma means one or the other? In other words, both setup.exe /r and setup.exe /r:n have a simillar effect?

Secondly, in order to make sure that the installer does not rebot after the LabView application installer is finished, I decided to call "setup.exe /r" in a batch-file that will be delivered to customers. Now, I am wondering that is there an option in the "Setup Project" in the labview solution to disable the reboot? because users are used to running setup.exe right off the bat when they receive packages and its kind of awkward to make them run a .bat file. (I am using LabView 2012 SP1)

Also, do you guys suggest another approach for automating this?

(for those of you fellas who want to preach me about the importance of rebooting after installation, I must say the last package will notify the users to boot their PCs.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,025 Views)

To my knowledge, there is no option to supress the reboot after installation. But if the batch file is something you can call at the end of your installer, you could use the process outlined on the following page:

Running a Batch File Automatically After An Installation

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/99632C017ABD96C286256DDE006121C9

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,941 Views)