From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supervisory control with LabVIEW 7.1

I don't have the DSC module, but I do have LabVIEW 7.1 and the PID control toolkit.  I was wondering if there was a way with either of these programs to make an alarm to shut off pumps if a pressure or temperature gets too high.  I want to constantly monitor pressure in the background but do nothing about it until it reaches a certain limit, and then send a signal of 0 to my pump.  Any suggestions? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,934 Views)

The DSC module has alarms but they are only for notification purposes and any control functionality applied would have to be written by you.  You could create a tag associated with the value you wanted to monitor and set a level alarm on that value.  Then monitor that alarm and, if/when it goes off send a signal to the pump.

You might also consider upgrading to LabVIEW 8.2, and the associated DSC module, which would enable you to easily make a server to run in the variable engine (the replacement for 7.1's tag engine.)  This would make the code truly run in the background. 

Regards,
Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,926 Views)
Well as you can see he does not have the DSC module. You can do this with labview. You could create a vi that monitors the pressure and compare the pressure to a defined state and set an alarm or whatever. there is a good example of how to do this in the example finder called temperature system demo vi.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 3 of 3
(3,922 Views)