cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superimpose two waveforms into one signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a 50Hz voltage with harmonic content generated experimentally, i separated the signals using multiple tone vi, then for both signals I aligned them and resampled, so that they have the same phase. My question is, is it possible to 're-superimpose' my signals? By using building array I just get my separate waveforms into one chart, which is not the point. I would like my end signals to be one waveform consisting of my 50Hz and harmonics. Is it possible to do that?

The whole reason I am doing this alignment and resampling is because my real life waveform do not have an ideal shape (asymmetrical)- if anyone is interested or has an idea, i posted my question here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/voltage-waveform-changes-shape-with-time-despite-constant/td-p/4074...

Thanks in advance!

Jun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,547 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jun_l

Hi Jun,

@Jun_l wrote:

I would like my end signals to be one waveform consisting of my 50Hz and harmonics. Is it possible to do that?

Have you tried to add the waveforms? (I guess the use the same dt…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,538 Views)

Hello Gerd,

yes they have the same dt, and yes your solution works! I was not aware that we could directly add waveforms... seems obvious now that you mentioned it. It is after all how my experiment is working, by adding two voltage sources in series. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,514 Views)