LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub vi connection

I am using LabVIEW 11.0 version and I am starting to think this may be more of a bug, but wondering if there is something I am doing wrong first?

From time to time I will connect an item from the front panel to the  VI connection block. Then I save the program and go to place it as a subvi and the linkage no longer works.

See the 2 photos below for a better explanation. In the first photo, I have zoomed in on the connection diagram and you can easily see I have selected the "Channel Chosen" String indicator to be wired out in a higher level program. in the second picture you can see that the new connection never appears when I go to run it as a sub VI. Any ideas what is happenening here. From time to time I have had to undo all connections in the connector block and redo them. Other times I actually have to change the shape of the connector block and redo and then it seems to take. Is this a bug in the LabVIEW 11.0 code or am I missing something.

Lastly I do apologize for the big black boxes but I have censored anything that may remotely be considered company proprietary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,791 Views)

Sorry, no attachments. It would be far better to post your code than simply posting pictures. Either way, you didn't include anything.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,790 Views)

Sorry I thought the pictures were posted, this doesn't appear to be an issue with code on my end so much as it would either appear to be a bug or me not knowing how to properly update the icon linkages. It has happened to me a few times before. Usually it occurs when editing existing SubVI's

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,788 Views)

Are you working within a project? Is it possible you have more than one copy of the Channel Config VI on your system and you have a cross link issue?

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,778 Views)

I don't think that is the issue, as to edit the channel config sub vi all I do is double click and open that particular one. So I am quite certain I am changing the correct one. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,770 Views)

Actually, this is a known issue R&D did some work on.  I don't recall if SP1 fixed it but 2012 does not have this featureSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,764 Views)

Thanks Jeff, glad to know this is a known issue, is there any known workaround or way to refresh it that doesn't involve wiping clean my entire connection diagram and starting over. As for 2012, yea I put in for it but the company was too cheap!

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,761 Views)

saving closing and reopening the file usually does the trick

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,756 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Actually, this is a known issue R&D did some work on.  I don't recall if SP1 fixed it but 2012 does not have this featureSmiley Wink

I have seen this issue with 2011 SP1.  Have not worked with 2012 enough to actually say anything.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,750 Views)