cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub VI not executing with the main VI.

Solved!
Go to solution

My main and sub VI's are attatched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,216 Views)
How nice for you. What is the matter with them? Or is this a test where we have to figure out what is wrong: and how to fix it?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,213 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author danil33

@danil33 wrote:

Re: sub VI not executing with the main VI.

When you start your main program, the subVI is called and the main VI must wait for the subVI to complete before it can continue. However, the subVI is not set to open the front panel, so most likely it will run in the background for 100 seconds (1000 iteration at 100ms), because nobody can press the stop button early to terminate the subVI. Once the subVI completes, the last value is handed over to the main VI via the output connector and the main VI can process and display that last value. At this point, the main VI stops because it is done (I hope you are not using "continuous run" mode).

Obviously, you have some beginners misconceptions about dataflow. Please tell us exactly what you expect the program to do and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,210 Views)

Actually, independently sub VI is working properly.But with the main VI there showing an error that is NOT EXECUTING.Please give me a solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,203 Views)

My aim is to give continuous input to the thermometer.And I would like my thermometer to gradually increase the mercury level.But no movement in the mercury level.While running in the highlight execution mode I came to know that multiplier is not getting any inputs from the sub VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,201 Views)

Why would you use a subVI for this. Place all code inside a single while loop, all in one VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,198 Views)

@danil33 wrote:

Actually, independently sub VI is working properly.But with the main VI there showing an error that is NOT EXECUTING.Please give me a solution.

If the subVI is already running, you can no longer start the main VI. For the main VI to be able to use the subVI, the subVI cannot be already running..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,196 Views)

ThanksSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,188 Views)