From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string byte parsing

i have 8 byte data(Hex string) for ex: 1A 2A 01 00 00 00 00 00 , how to break each byte in array of bits of array as each bit is representing a boolean value.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,997 Views)
This way perhaps

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,990 Views)

Hello,

This will help after i get a array of Hex string byte, i looking first how to convert a single Hex string byte in bits of array.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,975 Views)

Do you want a 2-D array out of this where each byte is a row and each bit is a column?  Please clarify.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,971 Views)
no i want 1D array
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,966 Views)
Sorry for the first mail i can try out with 2D array also.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,964 Views)
I see you have a string with hex values, meaning the 2 char string FF=255, as an example. Try the "Hexadecimal String To Number" functions under the string palette. Then you use my function

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,962 Views)

Here is an alternate approach:

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 12-05-2008 07:48 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,952 Views)