From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange front panel appearance

I just had labview 2010 installed on one of our lab computers and after installation, the front panel of all my VIs has a strange look.  There are vertical and horizontal lines (that were not there before), around my boolean icons, tabs, boxes etc. there is almost a texturized appearance.  I've had it re-installed and this problem still persists.  Everything is functioning just fine, it's just an aesthetic issue.  We've done the exact same install in many of our other lab computers and they look just fine.  I've tried looking through the settings on VI appearance and there doesn't seem to be anything that I can find that would fix this.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions?  Below are some pictures of what I'm seeing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,128 Views)

Check your graphics setting. It almost looks like your are using very low bit depth and the OS is doing some dithering.

This can happen if your graphic driver is incorrect for the hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,121 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked and I'm at 32 bit color setting (max for my computer) and I tried updating my graphics driver (NVIDA Quatro FX 3700) and that sadly didn't fix the problem.  The strange thing is that previous to installing 2010, we had labview 2009 and it was just fine.  Any other thoughts?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,075 Views)