LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop the program when object move out the front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

First of all I want to say hello everyone.

I'm very begginer with the LabVIEW Program, so my question might be a little bit stupid or easy, but I'm trying do that a very long time and nothing's going good.

I mean I just want to do program which moved press button STOP by pressing button OK. This is what I do and everything is ok, button STOP moves (while I press button OK) and stops the program (while I press button STOP). But I also want to stop the program when button STOP move out from the front panel frame, even if it is a little bit (I show it on the screen number 1, when I want to stop). And I don't really know how to do that. I think I must to limit the front panel size (I can do that) for ezample 200x200 pxs and then make something like "stop when >200", I tried do that, but it doesn't work... what should I do? I should add the new structure, while for example? I also tried but even I have no idea in which place.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ada_333

Hi ada,

welcome!

Your VI looks very complicated. Why not simplify it?

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,634 Views)

Wow, you are right, now it looks very simple and logic, I am shocked how much simple it seems to be right now! Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,626 Views)

also is it a programmatical way to read the front panel window size? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,355 Views)

Yes.

Use property nodes of the VI...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,348 Views)

But which one? Size of Front Panel Property in Metric is in bytes, I need in pixels. Actually I need to know current size of window and compare it to current position object. I was thinking about something like that, but in this case the button doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,339 Views)