LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop button

Hi,

I have a question about the stop button in a loop. When the stop button gets activated, does labview continu the current loop cycle or does it stop exactly when the stop button is activated and you get the results of the previous loops?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,562 Views)

It completes the iteration.  Depending on the dataflow, it is possible that the button is read early in the iteration when it has not been pressed and one additional iteration may occur before the loop stops.  This will typically only occur if the code in the loop takes more than tens or hundreds of milliseconds per iteration.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,556 Views)

hi.... im new to Labview...

i have some doubts in programming with this,,,

i started learning labview. but couldnt understand how to build application in this. im a computer science student did c c++ java visual studio n almost programming laung's.. now i got intrst in learning this G programming.. plz can anyone guide me... plz reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,538 Views)

You should start a new thread rather than hijacking someone else's thread on an unrelated topic.

Start by working through the Getting Started tutorials which are available on line.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,533 Views)

I am actually honoured he picks my topic to hijack!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,511 Views)

harry:  If you're looking for LabVIEW tutorial, start here:  http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/12302

If you're asking specifically how to build an application from your code you need to create a project and build your executable in the build specifications section.  Then you can create an installer from that also from the project window.  The LabVIEW Help can teach you all you need to know.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,497 Views)

am really sorry for that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,462 Views)