LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still can't get realtime temp logging

I have been trying to get a chart showing temperature vs real time of the measurment, for example temperature vs the time (hh:mm:ss) of the measurement

All my graphs start at 7 am 1903. I have seeded the XScale.minimum and XScal.increment properties in the properties node for the chart with the start time of the measurment run. when I do that the x axis initially has the correct real time scaling, but my data does not appear. Only when I check autoscale x axis does my data appear, and then with the y axis at 1903 again.

How do I tell the chart to use the real time of the measurement on the y axis? Using fp2010 with temperature modules and fpread.vi

thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,474 Views)
Hi Sloppy,

This is just a guess. Are you using waveform datatypes? If, so you must make sure t0 is set correctly before presenting it to the graph (i.e. 7 am 1904 = 0 in LV time).

Otherwise post your VI and we may be able to give you other ideas.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,474 Views)
Hi Ben, thanks for the response, and this is directed not just to you, although I certainly appreciate your time.

I'm REAL new to LAbview programming so keep that in mind.

I have several problems to deal with, but one thing at time.

I've included a VI which constantly reads temperature from my FP hardware, only a single channel at a time(one of the problems) and will set the x axis to the current time date at the start of the run, but the data being recorded doesn't appear on the chart unless I "autoscale" the x axis on the graph, and then the data displays with the x axis at 1903. Thats the problem that prompted me to find you guys and seek out tech support.

However, I have other issues with the FP stuff that I'm hoping I can get support for here

Here is a biggy:

When you look at the vi I posted you will see that unlike the Example FP Temp.vi, I found I had to put the Open, Create, Read and Close all inside the loop because if I didn't then the temperature reading I got from Read never changed after the first reading. I realise this is likely adding overhead, however I found I had to Close the FP stuff and redo the Open/Create sequence in order to ensure I got a "fresh" reading from the Read command. If I didn't the reading I got from the Read.vi never changed after the first reading. I didn't get any errors, I just didn't get any new info from the Read.vi

What I'm saying is I never could get the FP Temp Example to work with my hardware., but this vi does work in so much as it reads a new temperature everytime through the loop. Any comments on that would be appreciated.

I'm using FP 2010 with two FP-TC-120s, an FP-RLY-420 and an FP-0A0-210. However at the moment I'm only using (or trying to communicate with) one of the FP-TC-120s, but all of the modules are connected togethor and are showing me POWER/READY indicators. Power up self test appears normal as per the manuals and I beleive the hardware is working nominally.

PC is a windows 2000 pro 866 mhz connected to our 100 Mbps intranet through a hub to which the FP-2010 is also connected.

I have lots of other questions. One I will ask now is where do I find documentation on all the Property node properties for all the controls and indicators. When I go to select properties for a property node on something like a waveform chart there are hundreds of properties listed in the menus. Are these documented somewhere and if so where?

sorry for the length and I appreciate any and all responses.

thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,474 Views)
Verify that you have the FP-2010 synchronized to a Logos Time Server. This can be done in FieldPoint Explorer by right clicking on your comm resource and selecting "Edit this comm resource" and browse to your FP-2010. Once you see your FP-2010 in the Remote System Explorer, right click on it and select "Configure device" and go to the "servers" tab and set the Time Server IP address to a machine that has FieldPoint Explorer installed on it.

-Chad
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,474 Views)
Thanks Chad

I've done all that, however I get an error about not being able to look the correct DNS address when opening Remote System Explorer. However, my FP-2010 shows up at the proper IP address and the time server IP is set to my Win2000 PC running Fieldpoint Explorer.
I will talk to my IS people right now about this DNS error

Thanks Chad
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,474 Views)