LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stepper motor control (basic)

Good day to all in this wonderful forum. This is my first post, and it's about my lack of knowledge.

Here's the thin':

I'm using the very good stepper motor control guide from here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6385

The stepper motor is unipolar, 5 wire, 4 coil. My teacher wants me to insert some charts, showing the impulses of the 4 phases. I can't figure it out. Here's how I've made it for each phase (AIN0...AIN3 to the positive, and all the negative inputs to AINCOM, then- bundled and connected to a chart), but only two of them appears.

Is there any easy way to fix this ?

Thank you very much for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,010 Views)

Hi Anio,

from your picture I am slightly confused what is the actual functionality of the "Emant' VI, that it shows. Could you please explain? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,954 Views)

Thank you for the reply, Ardent.

That .vi is called Emant300 read analog and that's what it does, it have positive and negative inputs and values out. I've figured it out, not sure if it's the right way, but it's close enough, I think and it works, all four impulses appears on the chart. My task was to drive the motor and show the impulses. I've noticed that with the original example- the stepper motor moves one step every 10 seconds, no matter what the delay is, I can't explain it....

Here's the block diagram with fixed delay rate. I'm using LabView 8.5

p.s. As you've already noticed, both my English and LV skills are poor.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,948 Views)

It has been several years since I used an EMANT. It is a nice, relatively low cost DAQ device.

In looking at the EMANT 300 Initialize.vi I see that they set the VISA Timeout to 500 or 5000 ms. If some kind of communication error is occurring you might get long delays.  Are you seeing any errors? It does not look like you are reporting errors, so you may need to add an indicator or probe to be sure.

It appears that I rewrote some of the driver VIs to moderniize them a bit, but I did not properly document the changes.  So I am not sure whether I am looking at my upgraded drivers or the originals writtne by EMANT.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,936 Views)

Well, I can't tell if there are any errors. The program runs quite well. I don't have the EMANT, just used it for about an hour.

Indeed it's nice DAQ ( not that I've used any other DAQs ).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,930 Views)

Put an indicator on the error out wire. If something times out, an error will be reported.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,927 Views)

Ok, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,913 Views)