LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statistics express vi with an array as input

Solved!
Go to solution

I was trying to convert the values to string, and that is why I got 0 for every value. I tried to use number to decimal string, number to hexadecimal string, number to octal string, number to exponential, number to engineering string, number to fractional string, and all of them give me 0 as a value.

I need to convert these values to string, so I can add them to a table.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nando88

Post what you've tried.  Many of the ones you used should work.  But Scan into String is a lot more powerful.

Here is an example using 3 values.  And it uses a space between the values, but you could make that a comma, tab, or whatever you want.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,376 Views)

I tried something, but it didn't work. I will leave the vi and the spreadsheet in the description, so someone can take a look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,365 Views)

I echo you need to look into the tutorails in the link: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/statistics-express-vi-with-an-array-as-input/m-p/3346077/highlight/t...

-You don't need local variables just connect them directly.

Edit: Understand the meaning "Data Flow" on which LabVIEW programs executes

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,360 Views)

Thanks for the course link. I will use it as soon as possible. The only thing is I really need to get this done today, and I was hoping someone could please help me fix this, since I am really in a hurry. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,352 Views)

Like in previous post convert from variant data and pass to indicator and same wire connect to build array instead of local variable.

Edit: You are in a hurry? Fine i saw your almost all posts which shows Zero knowledge about LabVIEW which is completely useless without learning a thing in it and making the code. Learn so that it can be done even faster with little help from others.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,348 Views)

@Nando88 wrote:

Thanks for the course link. I will use it as soon as possible. The only thing is I really need to get this done today, and I was hoping someone could please help me fix this, since I am really in a hurry. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Delete the local variables.  Wire from the Express VI outputs to the build array function.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,340 Views)

what should I do in order to convert to string from the build array?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,337 Views)

I forgot that the wire coming out of the express VI is blue dynamic data.  Use a Convert from Dynamic Data on each of those to convert to a scalar.  The feed that to a build array.

Or you could use Merge signals to combine all those blue wires into one.  Then Convert from Dynamic Data on that to convert to a 1-D array you then feed to the convert to string.

Be sure to use Convert to Fractional String and not Decimal String as your numbers have fractional parts and aren't just whole numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,316 Views)