LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start a vi by front panel

Hello
i'd like to know how could i do to start a vi pressing a button on the front panel. I saw a similarly issue on the forum but i don't understead, it's not very clear.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,844 Views)
May I assume that you wanna call a subvi by pressing a button on your calling VI.

One of the simplest ways is as attached (LV7.0) fyr.
Open and run the main.vi

regards,

Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,837 Views)
Yes, a previous post about your question can be found here

CC's solution was about placing your code in a case structure.

Attach the run button to the structure so it has two cases ( true and false ) . when it's true, your run button is on, it executes the code inside which will be your code. Keep the false case empty.

Ofcourse, you have to check the " run when opened " checkbox in the VI properties Go to FILE-> VI properties -> Choose Execution from the category -> and check the "run when opened" .

Hope it helps.

Moh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,829 Views)
No i know how to call a subvi it 's not my issue. I want to start a vi the same where there is the button. It may be not possible i don't know.
i would like to launch labview there is a stop function so there is may be a start function.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,830 Views)
i think you want to call one vi in the another vi,, and, it cud b possible using sub panel.... so i m seding you one example which shows subpanel example,,, i dnt know it will b helpful to u or not

regards,,,
manisha
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,819 Views)
Frankly, I don't quite understand what you are asking. You can start LabVIEW from the windows start menu or from a shortcut on the desktop, etc. I don't really think that is what you are asking so you are going to have to be a little more clear. If you have a VI opened, you can start it with the "Run" arrow, have the VI set to "Run When Opened", or have a front panel button that a user has to click before the main section of code is run. The last is easily done with just a while loop with nothing but a wait funciton in it and some dataflow to ensure it executes first.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,799 Views)
It's good i retired that. That is not useful to me finally. Thank for all.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,789 Views)