LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stars in code

Do anyone have some information on how/why code gets "stars" (dirty bit)? Transferring code to another computer with similar environment recompiles the code, but i cannot find the common denominator as to why.

It's not path related as moving the code on the same computer doesn't cause it. It shouldn't be DLL as we're using the same version. It shouldn't be DLL placement as i've tried both with identical and different paths and they both recompile.

We're using 1 W7 and 3 XP computers (incl. the targets) and even if logic says it could be the W7 it also happens between the XP computers. Especially the parts retaining the mentioned DLL.

Any ideas?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,508 Views)

may have been the version that had issues with XControls trigger the dirty dot.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,504 Views)

What does it say when you "list unsaved changes"?

(The best solution is probably to upgrade and enable separate compiled code :D)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,496 Views)

Mostly the DLL using class is recompiled for some reason. I cannot pin point this reason though, that's the problem. 😕

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,451 Views)

Often it says "External component has changed" which doesn't make any sense when opening the project on 2 different computers with the same DLL version at the same location ...

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,414 Views)