LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stand alone application

Hi,

I am using labview 8.0 together with DB toolset. The program I have, connected to a databse on the network works perfect when I run the program on my computer where I have labview 8.0 installed. But when I create an exe-file and an installer-file and run the setup on a different computer, the program doesn't seems to reda properly from the database. I know it is possible that I have done a thousand misstakes, but is there someone that can come up with an idea of what I have done wrong.

I have:
- Checked the ODBC path and it is correct.
- Checked the name of the database

The "problem" is that I seems to have some contact with the database. I recieive some information, not much at all, but enough to confirm the connection to the database.

I appriciate all the help I can get!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,176 Views)

Hello!

From DB toolkit read me file:

“Distributing Stand-Alone Applications and DLLs

When you use components from the Database Connectivity Toolset to build a stand-alone application or a DLL with the Application Builder, you must install MDAC to the target computer if it is not already installed along with the appropriate support files. A build script is included in the Database Connectivity Toolset to help you include all these components. Refer to chapter 6 of the Database Connectivity Toolset User Manual for more information.”

Information on where you can find the latest MDAC:

Where Is the Latest Version of MDAC to Install When Building a LabVIEW Application that Uses Database Connectivity Toolset VIs?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/0B5C3C78513E8EE486256ACE006BA81C?OpenDocument

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,145 Views)