LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stacked tabControls

I

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

@Bob_SchorThe entire  program is 100+ VIs.

Put all the VIs in a single folder (they probably already are ...).  Right click, Send to, Compressed Folder, and attach the resulting .zip file.  If there's a LabVIEW Project, tell us its name, and tell us the name of the VI with the Tab Control.  You might have a fix by Monday ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(493 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I

@Bob_SchorThe entire  program is 100+ VIs.

Put all the VIs in a single folder (they probably already are ...).  Right click, Send to, Compressed Folder, and attach the resulting .zip file.  If there's a LabVIEW Project, tell us its name, and tell us the name of the VI with the Tab Control.  You might have a fix by Monday ...

Bob Schor

Thank you for the offer.

I am going to do something that I have been reluctant to do which is to do a more "thorough" re-write of the program than what I have done so far. If the client doesn't like it, tough luck.

I am tired to trying to patch a poorly-written program.

My inclination is to combine the five tab controls into one and ditch the stupid image icons.

Some programmers are too concerned with aesthetics. Enough with the nonsense!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(468 Views)

Just guessing here, don’t have LabVIEW to test. Is it possible that the tabs are not stacked, but can you have a tab within a tab, within another tab.

you are better off rewriting the program from your description. Good luck!

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(465 Views)

I am going to do something that I have been reluctant to do which is to do a more "thorough" re-write of the program than what I have done so far. If the client doesn't like it, tough luck.

My inclination is to combine the five tab controls into one and ditch the stupid image icons.

Yay!  Giving them something that (a) works, (b) can be maintained, and (c) can be easily modified outweighs so-called aesthetics any day.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(461 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

Just guessing here, don’t have LabVIEW to test. Is it possible that the tabs are not stacked, but can you have a tab within a tab, within another tab.

you are better off rewriting the program from your description. Good luck!

mcduff

The tab controls are stacked. I was able to move them one by one to the side. 

More obvious when I change the background color.

Also obvious in the Block Diagram how many tab controls there are even though I could not see all of them.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(453 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Yay!  Giving them something that (a) works, (b) can be maintained, and (c) can be easily modified outweighs so-called aesthetics any day.

Bob Schor

Well, some clients will misconstrue it as an attempt to "milk" the situation for $.

I was told the software was working.

No, it wasn't.

The software was developed first.

It was never integrated with the hardware. Never!

Then the programmer left the company.

If I hear one more time from the client "all you have to do", I will answer tell him, then you go do it. LOL.

Message 16 of 16
(450 Views)