From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spreadsheet formatting-same sheet different tabs??

So, my only question is how do I get this to save the test to a different sheet within the same work book? Everything looks good, I should be able to drop this into the rest of my VI's as soon as I can figure out how to get it to change which sheet I want the test to save too. Very nice !!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(601 Views)
The "save tests data" can be called multiple times one after another for new tests. Each one gets saved to a new sheet, with you providing the data, headers, and sheet name. Thus, in the example VI I provided you could have another instance of the "save tests data" right after the one that's there, piping the "sheets" wire in/out of the VI. Your original test data files had column names that weren't in that main cluster so I wasn't quite sure how you were collecting all the data. Thus I only provided an example of saving one test.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(597 Views)

Thanks! I wish I could post the entire VI. Darn it, I had it working and did something now it stopped ~L~

I know enough to make me dangerours

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(596 Views)

I've included the snippet. In my original VI, I piped my data from the sensitivity output cluster into this. Of couse, the included VI is angry being there no data supplying this in this example.

I seemed to have lost my c:\temp\mytest.xls and nothing happens when I run this now in the original VI. What did I mess up in this included VI to cause this? It did work like a charm, BTW at one point.

Either way, thank you so much for the help. I've learned tons so far!!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(569 Views)
never mind, I started over and got it all to work the way it was before. Telling you, I'm dangerous with this stuff ~L~
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(566 Views)