LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split one PFI into two PFI

Is it possible to let one input:PFI1 split into two output: PFI2 and PFI3?

I had success try PFI1 route to PFI2 by using "DAQmxConnectTerms". It can work for 1to1 instead of 1to2.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(883 Views)

Why?  What's the purpose?  If the signal goes out to external equipment, just wire them all to the original PFI1.  If you want other tasks to see the signal on PFI1, you can often (usually?) configure those tasks to get the desired signal directly from PFI1.

Making a routing connection from PFI1 to PFI2 (and perhaps another from PFI1 to PFI3) is usually an "indirect route" as seen in MAX, and accomplishing such a route typically consumes one of your on-board counters.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(843 Views)

Hi Kevin, thanks for reply. I let input:pfi1 send to FPGA PXI_TRIG0 (using DAQmxConnectTerm). At the same time, I want use this input signal for another task. Is it possible to use PXI_TRIG0 for two task at the same time?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(837 Views)

Sorry for the long delay, I somehow missed your reply.  You've probably already figured this out by now, but the answer is almost certainly yes.  I've set up a scheme with timing signals on an extended PXI chassis where more than a dozen boards each had their own tasks with sampling driven by the same PXI_Trig line.  

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(796 Views)