From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speeding up multiple property node calls by executing many at once

Can this be done? If so, how?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,375 Views)
It would be useful to know what properties your talking about.  How your current method is implemented, and Where the your problem specifically lies.
There is not a reason that you can not set them up to run in parallel (well as parallel as labview will execute them), but that may cause problems or race conditions depending on what you are trying to do. Of course you will want to evaluate all potential sources of errors on outputs.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,366 Views)
It might help to defer panel updates while you do all these property node calls. Is that what you mean?

You should also make sure to only call the property nodes that actually have changed input values. It makes no sense to write the same values to the same properties at every iteration of the loop. Place them inside case structures.

Can you give us a more detailed example of what you are trying to do.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,366 Views)
"Defer Panel Updates" is what I want to do; I'm changing multiple properties of a graph and its plots occasionally, and the graph has a bunch of garbage while these updates are taking place.

I see how to use this Panel property in LabVIEW's help, thanks for the solution.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,354 Views)
You might also wish to check out this example.

(2,348 Views)