From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed control of induction motor

Dear All

I have to contol the speed of a single phase induction motor. I am new to motion control. I want to know the different methods used to control the speed of a single phase induction motor and what is the best method.I shall be very thankful if anybody can help me. If any body is having any document releated to speed control of the motors then please send them.
Please reply as soon as possible

Thanking You
J
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,652 Views)
J--

I want to double-check, you have an AC Induction Motor (single or 3-phase?)  If that is the case, to control the motor the first thing you will needs is a drive. Unfortuntately, our drives do not work with induction motors. You will need to look at another manufacturer, at least for the drive.  Try to select one with either: Torque Based Analog Input Control Mode, Stepper Control Mode, or Peak Command Mode.  I know that Parker makes some drives with these characteristics.

www.parker.com

Also, you mentioned wanting to do velocity control?  If that is the only type of control method, the easiest way to control that will be to look for a drive with a serial port.  Then you could use LabVIEW or CVI with our VISA driver to write those commands. 

I wasn't really clear what level of information you were looking for....if you have any questions, just let me know.

Regards

John H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,623 Views)