LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spaces between sections in ini files

Is there any way to write and ini file in labview so that there are spaces between sections:

[Section]

key = value

key = value

[Section]

key = value

as opposed to :

[Section]

key = value

key = value

[Section]

key = value

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,985 Views)

Take a look at this thread I started a couple years ago.  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=273519#M273519

I like the look of the file a lot better as well with the blank lines.  I'm sure I put it into the Product Suggestion Center.  Perhaps you can as well.  It seems like a easy and sensible improvment to the .ini VI's, but NI hasn't seen fit to make those changes in the .ini library.  Feel free to post it to the new LabVIEW Idea Exchange as well if you'd like.

One problem is that the VI that needed updating is buried kind of deep in the hierarchy of the VI .llb.  Changing a LV .llb is not a good idea as tst and smercurio pointed out.  Any changes to the .llb probably won't survive in a LV version upgrade.  Creating your own renamed library would work, but you'd have to create/rename all the VI hierarchy above the particular VI that does the actual writing to a file.

Message 2 of 3
(2,968 Views)

Hi Ravens,

This is purely offline...

Can you please give me your email ID or at least mail to me at vparthasarathi.1@tcs.com? Please dont mistake me for this. I need to discuss something related to our field of job.

I remember you work in Singapore...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,960 Views)