LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source path of the installer

Hello,

at the first start of  my labview application (after the installation) I want to copy some files from the "installation drive" to the harddisk.

For this I need the source path of the installer, but I doesn´t  know where to get it.

Can I read it with a labview system VI oder is the path anywhere in the registry (or can the installer write it in the registry)?

jan9101

PS: the files should NOT be copied by the Installer, they must be copied by the labview program.

LV 8.6.1 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,393 Views)

Hi jan9101,

the installer can write into the registry, but how do you make sure that the installation device is still available with the first start? Maybe the cd isn't available anymore.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,385 Views)

Hi MikeS81,

that should not be a problem, the Labview program starts automaticly after the installation.

Do you know how to wirte the source path of the installer into the registry ?

jan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,377 Views)

Hi jan,

i found no place where to directly make it in the installer, but you can create a batch file with this code.

echo Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 >> test.reg echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test] >> test.reg SET STRING=%~p0 IF "%STRING:~-1%"=="\" SET STRING=%STRING:~0,-1% SET STRING=%STRING:\=\\% echo "test1"="%~d0%STRING%" >> test.reg SLEEP 2 test.reg

Run it after your installation. See the advanced key in your installer settings. If it run, it creates a reg file and call this regfile to write the created entry into your registry.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,355 Views)

Another option is to add the files to your project (or an autopopulating folder), and create a distribution for these items.

In the installer you can include this distribution and the files should be copied.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,350 Views)