LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound card

i am using sound card to get my signals. The program was made in LV vsersion7.1.

Now when i modified and started using 8.5, i got change in signals received.

Initially i used to get signals till value of 150-190 to zero but in 8.5 i get 1 to 1 peak.

When i checked th icons call two diffrent lib lvsound.* and lvsound2.*

And also in 8.5 when i receive signal for 1 second i get samples equal to sampling rate (11025 samples if rate is 11khz)

and in previous one when i programme it for 11025 samples it takes nearly 12 secs instead of 6 sec.

Can anybody explain this diff,

is there any diff in usage of both the libraries.

All inputs are welcome,,,n thanks in advance/....

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,570 Views)
The Labview sound system was redesigned in in 8.x and this was in many ways a step backward. If you are happy with your 7.1 code just keep using it. You can move the code from 7.1 to 8.5 You need to copy the sound system llb and the DLL the sound system is using

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,563 Views)

That may be a case but i have a problem that i am getting entirely diff results using both of them...

which one to select? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,536 Views)

If you right click on your labview 8.x/9.x "sound input read.vi" You can select which type the function shall give as output. This is in the select type option. 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,501 Views)