From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound card mixer controls

Has anyone written a dll to access the controls of the sound card mixer in windows?  I see that i can modify volume, but I actually need to have controls of both playback and recording levels.  Specifically the mic level of recording.  Just trying to save some time if someone has, dont want to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,115 Views)
Hi Dave
Don´t know if sombody has a dll to control mixer API.
I downloaded fron this site http://vrmixer.softvr.com/features.htm the activex to do that, Actually, I didn´t check it yet, but it seems to allow full control of windows mixer.

Hope it helps
Alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
---------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,082 Views)

Thanks, ill take a look at this. 

In the meantime i found a vi  that someone here wrote that uses the winmm.dll from windows. It does not have any of the recording controls,(which is what i needed) but it gave me a start. With a few mods i can access all of the sliders in both playback in recording now.  Not perfect but it may work for me.  

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,078 Views)

Okay, i have made some modifications to another authors on this sites work and now have control of all sliders of the sound card mixer. Would some of you try this executable to see if it works on your machines as well(want to make sure it works with different sound cards ect......  I just opened the windows sound mixer and made sure the sliders were indeed changing.

It is pretty self explanitory i think, Just select master volume from pulldown to change master volume, then different sliders to modifiy the other lines.  If you want to modify record lines, then click the record box.  Please let me know if everything seems to work on your systems,,,
thanks,
Dave

Message Edited by dirtyb15 on 07-28-2005 11:02 AM

Message Edited by dirtyb15 on 07-28-2005 11:04 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,069 Views)

I think most people (at least me) are apprehensive about running executables from foreign sources. Maybe you should post the VI instead (unless it's specifically the EXE you want to test).

(6,050 Views)

i can post the vi as well if you like, I really wanted to have exe tested though b/c that is what will be used for my applications.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,049 Views)
Pleas post the VI, I would like to see if it works on my machine but I will not do it if it is an EXE. Sorry

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,025 Views)

Okay, here is the zip with the vi's.  The Vi that I wanted to test is called MixerControl. It is a little messy but will be neater later 🙂 

It works pretty well on the two machines i tried here, but they have the same sound cards.  I also need to figure out how to read the value of the next mixer slider into my control so that it does not automatically change the volume of each newly selected slider. (you'll see what i mean)

thanks,

Dave

Also included are the original files that i used from another author on this site. (As you can see I did not change much) , they are all in the VolumeControl.lib.

Message 8 of 12
(6,004 Views)
Works on an old gateway I have here and my new dell at home.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,995 Views)

Great, so far so good. Any idea on how to keep the volume from changing when each new slider is selected?

Thanks!!

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,994 Views)