From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound IO run time

Hi,

I have a program which utilises the Sound I/O and Sound File functions from under the graphics and sound pallette.

I intend to build this into a distribution / installer.

When building it seems like I require the Sound and Vibration run-time engine.  I believe i am not using any components of the sound and vibration toolkit as the Sound vi's are available with the standard LabVIEW platform.  Also if this does need the sound and vibration run-time engine then it appears that there is a charge for S and V run time for each target machine.  If this is the case then this is completely unfeasable for my intentions.

Why do i need the sound and vibration run-time engine if I am not using the sound and vibration toolkit?

Do I need the run-time engine at all? (It appears that i do)

Will i have to purchase multiple run time engines if i Intend to distribute an application which uses these vi's ?

If i do have to purchase then i suppose all sound operations will have to be done third party 😞

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,269 Views)

Need more edit time 🙂

On a side note is there a way of determining which functions / vi's will need which run-time before building the installer.  I know that the toolkit required is listed under the functions help page.  It seems like looking at a functions help page to determine the run-time required before designing etc etc is going to save a lot of headaches.  Again assumption has come back to bite me!  ("Assume makes an Ass out of u and me")

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,260 Views)

The sound card VIs are installed with Labview base. So they are not part of sound and vibration toolkit. Try to build an exe from one the sound IO examples. If this goes OK then you have a sound and vibration VI(s) some place else in the systemIf you find such a VI. You may get around this by using copy the block diagram and paste into a new VI, and rebuild the connector pane. Do this also for the sub VIs.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 3 of 4
(2,252 Views)

Its ok, Panic over,

You were right Rouge, they are part of base, I was given some misleading info from a colleague.  He managed to build an installer without the sound and vibration run-time so all is good.

Thanks again

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,230 Views)