From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smoke alarm

Or any relay for that matter.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(894 Views)
I have created a program but is the signal does not send to turn on the relay. How do i make it send signal to the relay. The send signal name as 'asd'.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(872 Views)

If you use a DMM and when you send  a signal, what voltage do you measure?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(868 Views)

Like I asked before, you need something to drive the relay.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(866 Views)
I record the voltage of 1v. Is it very low. If it does, how do i increase the voltage? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(864 Views)

You will need an opamp circuit to increase the voltage since you are using the NIELvis board.  

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(862 Views)
Ok, i will try it. But how do i create a opamp, is there an example? Thanks once again
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(860 Views)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_amplifier

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(853 Views)

@Tarmizi wrote:
I record the voltage of 1v. Is it very low. If it does, how do i increase the voltage? Thanks in advance.

once you have received 1vdc on your AI, then DO to a driver that is connected to your relay and external  source...that should work

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(850 Views)

Ive created a program smoke alarm that able to receive signal from the smoke alarm and use that signal to send to the relay. But the thing is that the sending signal is forever on eventhough the receiving no longer receive. By the way im using NI Elvis2. How to solve this? thx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(823 Views)