LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small target file build and dynamic launching

I have recently changed by 6.1 build option to "small target file build with external file for sub vi's". For some reason, with this new installation, all the dynamic launching, that used to work, now gives the error message "A sub vi, type definition, or external subroutine is missing or inconsistent with the current VI." Is there some sort of conflict to building this way with dynamic launching?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,691 Views)
I've never used 6.1, but everything since then, you have to include the dynamic VIs in the executable file itself, not the support llb. I don't have access to the old builder, so I'm not sure how to do it. I'm sure someone with access to it will chime in with the correct steps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,683 Views)
Jim:

Here are more information about the application builder:

Add Top-Level VI: top-level VI to the application. You must have at least one top-level VI. When you add a top-level VI, LabVIEW automatically includes all its subVIs and related files, such as menu files. LabVIEW also includes DLLs if the VI references the DLL using an absolute path. However, if you use the VI server to call VIs, you must manually add those VIs by using the Add Dynamic VI button.
·
Add Exported VI (Shared Library only): Adds an exported VI to the shared library. You must have a least one exported VI. When you add an exported VI, LabVIEW automatically includes all its subVIs and related files, such as menu files. LabVIEW also includes DLLs if the VI references the DLL using an absolute path. However, if you use the VI server to call VIs, you must manually add those VIs by using the Add Dynamic VI button.

Add Dynamic VI: Adds VIs that the VI Server dynamically loads.

Add Support File: Adds non-VI files, such as drivers or text and help files to the application.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,666 Views)