LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small runtime engine for newer labview versions?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

I gave it a try and was able to run my labview exe under the bare 2012 runtime which is about 28Meg in a zip file.  It was even easier than the  article suggested.  I unzipped the RTE installer, pulled out the "LabVIEW_Runtime_Engine_2012" component,  installed it on a VM and it worked!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,170 Views)

Turns out I needed to add some functionality that required NI VISA.  The VISA installer is over 100 Meg but, after unzipping, I was able to pull out the bare VISA Runtime installer which is only about 12 Megs.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,140 Views)

@chiraldude wrote:

This forum, (like the runtimes in this topic) is bloated and full of "eye candy".  It is not clear which credit box goes with which item.  I was just as surprised as you when I recieved an instant email from the forum saying I had accepted my own solution.  

OT: You probably got a strange e-mail and wondered what happened.  I was reviewing a thread that linked here and noted the strange solutions that did not explain the steps taken to reach the desired effect.  I don't use Champion Powers often but, in the interest of clarity for the next user that wants to create a minimal installer I modified the solutions to this thread.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,021 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(635 Views)