From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sluggish performance of labview on dell precision 670

Hi,

Has anyone used labview 8.2 on a dell precision 670. I sometimes get sluggish performance of my vis using this computer. I have a much slower computer a micron pentium 3, and it has no such problems. I also have problems with accessing tdms files. Has anyone else has similar problems with this computer and are there any workarounds.

Thank you,

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,474 Views)
I have not heard about specific problems, but check all the usual stuff: Amount of memory, available disk space, fragmentation, operating system, other stuff running in the background (like virus checkers or network-based backup utilities).

Also when you say sluggish performance, when does this occur? Editing VIs? Running VIs? Printing? Opening?
Is it always sluggish or just at some times? Do these sluggish periods correlate to anything else - like a particular time of day?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(2,457 Views)
Hi,

The sluggish performance occurs only when the vi is running. I have not noted if it occurs during certain times of days, but it does not always occur. It only occurs sometimes.

-Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,441 Views)
Well the thing to do is monitor the system and when you catch it being "sluggish" check the task manager and see what else is running that might be consuming undue CPU cycles and/or memory. In situations like this I have found things like anti-virus software (the corporate editions of Symantec seem to be particularly bad) that suddenly decides it has to scan the entire hard disk, but any sort of automated background process can do it.

Also run a spy-ware scan with a good tool like LavaSoft's Ad-Aware. Even systems that don't receive email or typically surf the web can become infected.

Mike...

Message Edited by mikeporter on 06-10-2007 12:44 PM

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 4
(2,407 Views)