From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow Zoom In/Out in XY Graph

I am experiencing very slow zoom in/zoom out in XY Graph.  Each action takes roughly 5 seconds.  Is this normal?

The anti-aliased is not On.  I am not using dash lines.

Can someone shed some light here?
Message 1 of 5
(2,441 Views)
It depends on how many points are in the graph and your PC/Graphics card speeds.  If you're using many plots with a lot of points you may need to decimate the data befoe displaying it.
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,435 Views)
When you said many, what is the ballpark we are talking about here?  10,000 points for 3 plots sound many?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,429 Views)
As an approxmation use the number of points plotted equal to the number of pixels in the width of the plot area (for a line plot). If you feed the graph more points than it has pixels to display them, the code internal to the graph has to manipulate that data to determine where to place each pixel. When you drop a new XY graph on the front panel it has 250x250 pixels. When I stretched one to fill my screen I had 1580x862. So X-axis arrays larger than a few hundred to about two thousand elements will result in some data manipulation by the graph.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,422 Views)
3 plots of 10,000 points should pose no problem unless your computer is doing something in the background.  Is your graph in a loop that is constantly updating?  Is it still slow when you stop your VI and zoom?  It might be best to post your code.
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,420 Views)