LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single-process SV - build requirements needed

Solved!
Go to solution

LV 2011 SP1 (only uses DAQmx, GPIB, & RS422, no Real-Time)

Could not find quick answer to this.  I know how to build and deploy network-published SV with an EXE but not single-process.

I have inherited someone's code that uses 2 single-process shared variables in a single LVLIB. 

1) Does the containing LVLIB have to be listed in Always Included for the build?

2) Are the SP-SVs included automatically included in the EXE?

3) Does Source File Settings require a line item for the LVLIB?  Can it simply be assigned to the *.exe item?

4) Since there is no network associated SV, I see no reason to include the SVE component for the LVRTE installation. True?

5) Possibly related: Once built and on launch, the application cannot locate the typedef used for one of the SP-SV items although the typedef is used elsewhere in code (so should be included anyway).

Thanks for a quick response.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,976 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PoolMaster

You didn't say what is the actual problem - exe cannot be built at all? It does not start? Something not working?

As for the point 5), go to the SV data type options and choose Disconnect from typedef (or something like that). I've had many problems with SV binded to typedef, they just doesn't work in built applications (in fact, just don't use any SVs in exes and you'll do just fine 😛 ).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,968 Views)