LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous ao & ai with PXIe-6386 high speed daq

I configured an ao task and an ai task to do a transfer function measurement.  For the timing, both tasks were set to use the sample clock, each with a different frequency.  I start the tasks in sequence, first the ao task, then the ai task.  The ai task start function gives an error stating that the "Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route."  How do I set up the timing so that I can execute an ao task and an ai task at the same time?  I attached the tester code that I have written to debug my problem.  Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(779 Views)

1. I don't see an obvious reason for a resource conflict error in the test code you posted.  Are both real code and test code giving the same error?

2. The one place I might speculate just a bit is in your config of the AI analog start trigger.  I don't typically specify trigger sources with user-supplied channel aliases the way you did.  I typically use DAQmx physical channel or terminal names rather than strings.   I don't know of any reason this should produce a resource conflict error, it's just one of the few things I found that I can question a bit.  (Also, wouldn't you want to wire values to the 'slope' and 'level' inputs?)

3. Does the AI task work if you don't configure or run AO?

4. Your test code state machine bypasses all the DO task stuff -- does the real code also not configure or run DO?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(749 Views)

Thank you, Mr. Price.  I have two of the PXIe-6368 high speed multifunction I/O cards.  When I limit the AI & AO to one card everything works fine.  I have updated my test code.  Yes, the DO task is not used in the provided example.  I intended to skip the states associated with that task.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(720 Views)

I would expect DAQmx's "channel expansion" feature to work seamlessly within a PXI chassis to allow you to put AO channels from different cards into a single task.

I did some more searching here and came across this thread.  In msg #3 over there, the error text gives a lot more detail about the nature of the resource conflict.  Can you post what your more detailed error text says?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(713 Views)