From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

silver controls for previous versions?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there anyway to get the new silver controls for previous versions of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,884 Views)

I haven't tried this to confirm it, but I believe the answer is yes.

I believe the silver controls are just a directory full of control files under C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\menus\Controls.

If you open them up in LV2011 and do a Save for Previous Version, you should be able to make them be able to open up in the older version of LabVIEW.  The only other thing you might want to do is copy the menu files to the older version of LabVIEW so they show up in the palettes.  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\menus\Controls\Silver

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,883 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

If you open them up in LV2011 and do a Save for Previous Version, you should be able to make them be able to open up in the older version of LabVIEW.

That is part of the problem, my funding for service contracts got cut back in the 8.6 days.  So I am lucky to have a copy of 9, which was my last update.  I guess if I wanted to try being sneeky I could download the evaluation version and see if I could borrow them that way.  But it would be nice if NI made them available to other versions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,880 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Bryan
No, there is no way to get the silver controls in previous versions (nor will there be).

Although you can technically save the .ctl files for a previous version they will not render correctly in the old version. The rounded corner rectangle, gradients, and drop shadows required us adding new capabilities into LabVIEW 2011 which will obviously not be there in other versions.

Simon
Message 4 of 6
(2,866 Views)

Bummer.  But thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,862 Views)

if you're looking for spiffy controls you could try the ones in the Communities: Group: UI Interest Group

Message 6 of 6
(2,851 Views)