Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal compression whit FFT

can you help me ?

thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(997 Views)

You have exactly the same number of bits in the input and output signal. You would only get some form of "compression" if you would somehow only store the values and locations of the nonzero elements in the frequency domain. This is then sufficient to regenerate the output signal at a later time.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(993 Views)

thank you very much

here I found an example to the internet that gives the original signal, reconstructed and error. they are calculated and CR (compression ratio) and PRD (distortion)? So how can I calculated that 2 factors? 

see this image :

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(988 Views)

the formula of the PRD ;

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(976 Views)

hello

The program for the compression of a signal by FFT, but it works well just for the synthetic signal, now I want to add a signal in the form of a file.txt .how can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(958 Views)

Can you help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(947 Views)

We are having trouble helping you because we cannot determine what you are trying to do.

1. Is this a school assignment?

2. What kind of compression are you trying to do?  Are you trying to reduce the number of data points necessary to represent a signal or are you trying to compress the dynamic range of the signal or something else?

3. FFT is not the usual tool for either kind of compression mentioned in question 2.  What doe the FFT have to do with this?

4. What else are you not telling us which would help us help you?  The more specific and the more detailed the information you provide, the more likely that someone can help.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(932 Views)

hello
  Here is the program for the compression of a signal by FFT, but just for the syntheticsignals.
Now I want to add a signal type.txt

this is my questionhow I'm going to add the signal files?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(927 Views)

You are still not compressing anything, you are just filtering. What is the purpose of this execise?

Data is just data. It can come from a simulation of from a datafile, for example. What kind of problems do you have reading a file? What is the format of the file? Who wrote it? What have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(916 Views)

my goal is to compress an acoustic or seismic record is a file type. txt?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(908 Views)