LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal compression whit FFT

hello

I made a prog in LabVIEW is the compression of a signal. but my problem is that when I do FFT and IFFT after I not get the same signal with a large error.

is what my prog is powerful ??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(3,017 Views)

here is my code vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(3,016 Views)

You've posted in the Feedback forum that discusses the forums and the software that runs the forums. You need to post in the LabVIEW board.

I'll notify Laura to see if the thread can be moved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(3,011 Views)

Hopefully, this thread will be moved, so I can start replying here:

Your code makes absolutely no sense. What kind of compression do you have in mind? Can you point to a web site that describes the algorithm?

It almost looks like you want to keep only the major frequencies, but whatever you are doing seems silly and your order of operations does not seem correct. You are doing an FFT, throw away the phase information, and transform right back, again throwing away phase information then thresholding the backtransform. Makes no sense.

You could do an FFT, retain the complex components that have a magnitude above a threshold, then do a inverse real FFT to reconstruct the signal.

Also, you use charts instead of graphs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(3,007 Views)

altenbach wrote: 

You could do an FFT, retain the complex components that have a magnitude above a threshold, then do a inverse real FFT to reconstruct the signal.

Here's a quick draft (LabVIEW 8.0). Most likely it needs some tweaks. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(3,001 Views)

thank you so much i find the solution , i will send the .VI to see it after.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(2,999 Views)

You also have significant spectral leakage, because (using your default values) the sample interval is not an integer multiple of your fundamental frequencies. If you would set fe=512, things look significantly better.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(2,996 Views)

thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(2,992 Views)

how can I calculate the compression ratio and PSNR (Peak Signal to Noise Ratio)  ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(2,971 Views)

how can I calculate the compression ratio ?

is the formula:

TC = number of bits of the original signal / number of bits of the reconstructed signal

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(2,949 Views)