LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show front panels of sub VIs when running a EXE (build application)

I've created a exe file and it works fine. However, it only shows the front panel of main VI and I can not open sub VIs (it looks like they are all hidden). I know it can be done by creating a library file along with this exe file, but that's not what I want. I want to create a single exe file that shows several front panels, and that can be run with run time engine. Is there any way to show front panels of sub VIs by running a exe file?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,778 Views)
In the development mode, how are you displaying the front panels? Did you right click on the subVI and select SubVI Node Setup and choose 'Show Font Panel when called/Close afterwards if originallly closed' or did you choose the same options from VI Properties for each subVI. If the second, then the app builder will automatically retain the front panels of the subVI. If you chose the first option or if you are using VI Server to open a front panel, then the default setting in the app builder is to remove the front panels. You would then have to go the VI Setting tab in app builder and edit the settings.
Message 2 of 5
(2,776 Views)
I just had 'Sub VI Nod Setup' changed to 'open when loaded' in my Main VI. With that, I went to the app. builder once again and I tried to edit the default in the 'VI settings' tab but it doesn't allow me to. What's happening is that the option for the 'Romove panel' is still grayed that it can not be edited while other options ('run when opened', 'show abort button'...) can be changed. Is there something I am still missing?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,770 Views)

Never mind. I got it now. All I needed was just to go ahead and create the exe file after changing 'SubVI Node Setup'. It works fine now.

Thanks for your expert advise.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,765 Views)
I can't think what might be wrong. What version of LabvIEW do you have. I only have 7.x and it works there. If there is something changed in 8.x, then I can't help you. If you want to always show the subVI when it's called, then open the subVI and change it's properties. That should still work.
Message 5 of 5
(2,763 Views)