LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I install 2009 labview on a new pc or wait for the new version?

Solved!
Go to solution

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,221 Views)
Which new version? NI does not announce/release new versions until August-ish, which is when they have their great big ho-down in Texas. Unless you really feel like waiting until then, I think you're going to miss out on a lot of nice things that are in LV 2009.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1052ken

I believe that a maintenance release is expected sooner than August (wonder what it will be called), but I agree that it does not make much sense to wait.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 01-05-2010 08:55 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,206 Views)

The maintenance release is officially called Service Pack 1. It will be released sometime in Q1 2009, and future versions of LabVIEW should also expect a service pack in that timeframe. Stay tuned for exact release dates.

Since you need LabVIEW installed to install the Service pack, I don't think there is any benefit to waiting, unless you want to wait for NIWeek in August, as mentioned Smiley Happy

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,147 Views)

Robbob wrote:

The maintenance release is officially called Service Pack 1. It will be released sometime in Q1 2009,

A little late for that, don't you think? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,128 Views)

Smiley HappyStill getting used to this whole 2010 thing...I think it is just a fad Smiley Tongue

Q1 2010***

Rob K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,122 Views)
I want to load LabVIEW version 2009 (Version 9.0f2) ONLY on a brand new laptop replacing my old one.  I have all four quarters of the 2009 release.  Do I need to load v8.6 first (1QTR, CD1) or can I start with third quarter when 2009 was introduced and if that is the case, should I start by first loading CD1 of the third quarter?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,981 Views)
v2009 is completely standalone...you do not need v8.6. Simply use your latest quarterly release and everything should be included.
Rob K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,973 Views)

There really isn't anything to wait for if you already have the software available.  If you are waiting to buy, you might want to consider getting an SSP so that you get new versions as they are released (this has been the best value for my company).  If you do not want the SSP, you might want to ask your NI sales rep if you can obtain any major releases this year if you buy right now.

LV 2009 is great though.  Definitly the best version of LabVIEW yet.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,965 Views)