From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short cut keys , require very urgently

Hello All,

Is there any short cut keys or quick drops for the delow tasks.

1.Convert the control to Type def 

2.Convert Constant to control

3.directly open the Icon with the short  keys

Please let me know if any one is using this .It will be really help full for me .

Regards,

Prithviraj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,904 Views)

You might be able to find one here https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/quick-drop-enthusiasts. If you don't find it you could probably make them pretty quickly.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,889 Views)

@Padugur wrote:

Is there any short cut keys or quick drops for the delow tasks.

1.Convert the control to Type def 

2.Convert Constant to control

3.directly open the Icon with the short  keys

One thing you fail to say is what version of LabVIEW you are using.  LabVIEW 2015 and 2016 added some features to help with some of these tasks.  As you know, LabVIEW is largely graphical, which means that a mouse is often needed for certain tasks (which is why the Quick Drop Enthusiasts tend to develop shortcuts that require only the keys that are on the left-hand side of the keyboards, a real bummer for lefties).

Here's how I (quickly) do some of these (using Mouse + keyboard).

1. Control to Typedef -- right click control, left click Make Typedef.  Done.  However, I almost always follow up with another right-left click to Open Typedef (which lets me make an Icon if I want to and to name the Typedef something other than Control 1).
  2. Constant to Control -- right click Constant, left click Change to Control.
  3. I don't know what you mean by "Directly open the Icon".  A double (left) click gets me the Front Panel in a new window.  For the Block Diagram, an additional Ctrl-E is required.  If you mean the Icon Editor, a double click on the Icon image in the upper right corner of the Front Panel or Block Diagram gets me the Icon open in the Icon Editor.
  4. Be sure to check out the left-right click "Change to Array" (when you have an element and want to create an array of those elements) and "Change to Element" (to go in the other direction).

I admit that this does require Mouse + Keyboard.  The "effort-saving" virtue of many Quick Drop shortcuts is that they are tasks that often require extensive "wire surgery" that can be replaced by scripting (such as Remove, which deletes + "repairs" the broken "through" wires for you).  The tasks you've outlined don't seem to fall into this category -- for me, Mouse Clicks work just fine and don't interfere with my programming "flow".

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(2,854 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:
A double (left) click gets me the Front Panel in a new window.  For the Block Diagram, an additional Ctrl-E is required.  

Bob Schor

Ctrl+Double-Clicking on a subVI will also open the block diagram directly.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 4 of 5
(2,847 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Ctrl+Double-Clicking on a subVI will also open the block diagram directly.

Cool.  I didn't realize that (and 10 years of habit may be difficult to undo ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,835 Views)