From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing a folder

I would like to share a folder from labview 6.1.
How can i do? Is there a dll to do this ?
Thanks.
Alexis de La Fontaine
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,714 Views)
When you talk about sharing a folder, what exactly would you like to do? What kind of OS are you running? I think some more details would help a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,714 Views)
sharing folder : be able to access it from another computer.
I use win2000, XP and sometimes NT4.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,714 Views)
Secmai,
To make a folder sharable on WinNT based systems, any folder, right click on the folder, and select Sharing tab. By default, "Do not share this folder" is selected. Select "Share this folder" and enter the name, permissions,....

Zvezdana S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,714 Views)
Thanks for response.
Of course, I know how to do it under Windows. My aim is to share a folder programmaticaly from labview.
Is there a dll for doing this.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,714 Views)
There is no VI that would allow you to programmatically set the folder sharing property.
I am sure there is a windows function that will allow you to do this, in user32, kernel32, or some other dll. But, this is beyond LabVIEW support.
You can look for this function on MSDN, and it will probably tell you which dll it is in. If / when you find it, all you need in LabVIEW is to use the Call Library Node function.

Zvezdana S.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,714 Views)
Okay. Wasn't sure if you were on Windows or something else. On Windows, I believe you can use the NetShareAdd function of netapi32.dll in order to create a new share. I suspect you'll have to run that function from an admin account, however. You should be able to get more details from the MSDN site.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,714 Views)