cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharedvariables engine lost connection - LV2015and cRIO 9035

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day,

today after 4 years our system with a cRIO 9035 threw error -1950679035, shared variable engine not working.

I checked Firewall, it lets MAX through, and the shared variable engine is actually running on the PC (starting at booting). And I managed to see the cRIO in MAX, could see the CPU status etc, so the IP address is still OK. Also I managed to deploy some VIs into the cRIO and they been running (on the cRIO), could see the real time measurements. I.e. these VIs do display the measurements on their surface. But I could not see anything eg. shared variables engine, not in the distributed systems manager and neither on MAX.

And there is this for the status LED

Blinks four times and pauses The cRIO-9035 is in safe mode. The software has crashed twice without rebooting or cycling power between crashes.

Our IT crowd made some changes recently, could it be they messed up some subnet settings?

Cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steffen01

turns out our ever so helpful IT guys got rid of the DNS server without anyone telling. Once I put in the new DNS server IP in,  it works again

Message 2 of 2
(558 Views)