I'm working on a customer installation on a system I didn't build and .... I have a problem with the shared variables at the start of my program.
Here is the structure on which I have to work
2 PC, a Master and a Slave, are connected together and communicate through shared variables. They're working on Labview 8.2
On the network, they are only 2 PC working without Firewall (they're inside a factory and protected by an upstream firewall) on the same subnet.
- When the slave is started, it deploys the shared variables lib and set a variable "PC2" to TRUE.
- When Master PC starts, it deploys the shared variables lib too and waits for the "PC2" variable (TRUE). And then check for the other 30 shared variables. The check shows an error -1950679034 on all the variables. After about 20, the variable becomes OK and then, one after the other all the variables becomes OK too. It takes about 160 sec to have all the variables OK!!!
If I try to pass the test, at the first write or read operation, I have an error that occurs... (ni_tagger_lv_read or ni_tagger_lv_write)
My problem began when I change the Master PC. Before that, the starting was very fast and worked without problem since 5 years. But we had a problem with the computer and we prepare a backup PC : this was very slow. Then we upgrade the system to an new PC and have the same problem at start.
All the network parameters, workgoup and computer name are the same as before...
I checked the white papers on NI site and found some interesting papers:
1) I have to wait before first read: I did without success
2) I could have problem because of multiple ethernet card but I tried to fix the IP addresses (same as previous PC) and to set options in labview about priority... not sure what it does and if it helps...
3) I read also something about a "logos.ini" file in which I should put the MAC address of the Network card used for shared variables. I created the file without success...
I become crazy about this problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,
Can I assume that you have tried all the steps mentioned inthe following Knowledge Bases?
How did you try to fix the network issues?
Thank for your answer. I already found the 3 articles you mentioned but I'm not a specialist in Network and NIC cards. For your 3rd link, I'm not sure if my network is correct.
Hers is a word document with the Network scheme.
Could you check it?
Thanks in advance.
First of all:
Here's a nice document that explains on how you can set multiple pc's on the same subnet: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/79839F8A1A4172FE862570D6005C806D
This should give you a better understanding of how subnet masks work.
I see four Master PC IP-addresses.
Are these 4 seperate pc's?
Actually the Master PC runs with 5 network cards :
- Data net
- PLC net
- Camera 2 net
- Camera 3 net
- Camera 4 net
Each camera has now its own network card.
The problem I have was already present BEFORE I changed the 3 cameras from a Firewire connection to a GigE one. So the previous PC had already the problem with only 2 NIC.
The Network addresses and subnets were the same on the previous PC
For some reason I did not receive a notification of your latest post.
Is the current situation still the same as before?