LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup dialog with next and back

Hi
I want to program LabVIEW to pop up set up window that has "next" and "back" button (like those windows that pops up when u install some software and you can select next or back). Do you have an example program? I just want to know how you would control the flow of showing the window(front panel) when the user can select whether to go forward (next) or bakward (back).
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,080 Views)
Hi Irene

I enclose you the LV-Wizard vi. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
Message 2 of 11
(3,072 Views)
Hi,
this is possiable from labview but for simiplicity sake i would like to suggest you to go in for a Tab control with the Tabs hidden so user will be allowed to go further or back only by clicking the buttons as shown in the iamge i have attached along with this .This is a example to just show you how it works,do reply if you dont understand and want the full solution.
hope it helps
cheers
vicky
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,072 Views)
Hi

The attached vi contains a tab-control and of course the tabs must be hidden to make it look like a wizard or something similar. But for development I prefer to have the tabs visible.

And by the way the attachment works with a next and a back button - so it matches the required functionality. In the end it is no problem to hide the tabs.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,068 Views)
could u attach the file again please?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,040 Views)
Hi Irene

It is still available in the first answer I gave you.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,029 Views)
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the great dialog example.

In your instructions you mention using a producer/consumer design pattern to implement code. I had a quick look in Labview 7.1 examples and couldn't find an example or description, is this new to labview 8? Have you got a simple dialog producer/consumer design pattern/example you could share?

I am using Labview 7.1.

Appreciate your help
Ian

P.s. A quick point, for others who have not used the tab control in detail before. Once you have finished you design, you can simply hide the tabs selectors by right clicking a visible tab and selecting "Properties", then deselect "Show page selector". (I tried using a property node to make the current tab visible and hide the rest. Very messy and complicated considering the quick solution above. Live and learn!)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,928 Views)

This should help...I found it by searching ni.com for "producer consumer" (without the quotes):

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/C54BADADD8BBDE4286256C5200533B80

-D

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,923 Views)
Hi Vicky
I have to create similar kind of GUI with lot of forward and back buttons. Can u send me the complete solution as u refered in u r reply to Iane. 
Thanks for your help.
Rikki
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,852 Views)
hi thomas,

can U tell me, how to bring the tab selector to the bottom of the tab control ? I dont know how to do it..
I'm using LV7.1. Is it possible or not in this version ?

Regards,
Partha.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,826 Views)