LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up a placeholder or virtual SCXI DAQmx task?

Solved!
Go to solution

is it possible to set up a DAQmx SCXI task without having any SCXI hardware?  I don't have access to the hardware and was wondering if I could create a "virtual task" for my SCXI program before gettting the hardware?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fibo

Yes.  Go into Measurement Automation Explorer.  Devices and Interfaces, Right click, Create New ...  Then you can select Simulated NI-DAQmx device or Virtual Instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,163 Views)

Awesome, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,147 Views)

Here's a follow-up question:  Once my hardware gets in is there a way I can port over my task from simulation to actual real physical hardware? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,144 Views)

I don't know if there is any method to convert a simulated device to a real device.  Especially since part of the process of creating a real device is MAX searching your system to see what is available.

What you can do is recreate the real devices in MAX and use the same naming scheme (Dev0:ai1) as your simulated device.  You'll either have to delete your simulated devices first, or rename them to something else since you can't have devices with the same name.

Now your LabVIEW code doesn't have to change since it would still be pointing to the original device and channel names.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,139 Views)