From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

session in LAbview Vi

I am using labview Remote panel option through which an VI can be remotely access. i want to know is there any way i can check the session i mean i want some usere to first login on my  web server IIS then from there they r directed to the VI and i want to pass some information like user Email address to this vI .how can i do this any idea
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,298 Views)

You can use the application class property Remote Panel:Connections To Clients to get some data about the client connected to your VI.

To get it, create a property node (Application Control palette) and then click the node and find the property. It's an array of cluster.

Another option, depending on you're interfacing with the web server, is to get the data from the web server.

(3,289 Views)
how can i use property i amnot using labview with vb or dot net .and can uplease write a little bit more about taking data directly from web server.thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,286 Views)
You are using LV, since you said you have a remote FP to a VI. The property I was refering to should be called from that VI. As for talking to the web server, I really don't know. You can probably do this by creating some DLLs which you can call from LV or by creating a TCP connection between the VI and your program or maybe getting the LV internet toolkit. This really isn't my territory. You can try searching for tutorials on TCP and DLLs in LV on this site to see if this direction helps you.

(3,284 Views)

i just published my VI to make it remote front panel that just what i  know about remote front panel. how can i access a property i do nt know  i would be really thank ful if u write me some more detail or any link on the topic. u said i can call the property from VI i do not know  how to do this kindly give ur suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,276 Views)
The property I refered to gives you limited information about the remote clients connected to the running LV application. It is possible (not at all certain) that you can use it to get the information you need.

Once again, to create it, select a property node from the Application Control palette, click the node and select Remote Panel>>Connection to Clients and use the array and cluster functions to get the information you need. You can right click the name of the property and select Help for XXXX to get a full description of the property.

(3,264 Views)
I don't have much experience with it, but you might want to look at the add-on called the Internet Toolkit. It includes CGI functions that will probably allow you to pass information from one web page (i.e. a request for the email address) to the remote panel.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,259 Views)
could uplease write me where can i find Application control panel.there is no internet tool kit in labview 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,249 Views)

Well, if you don't know how to find the Application Control palette, then I would say you're not in a good position on the LV side, since opening a palette to place a VI on the diagram is pretty much the most basic operation in LV, and the palette names are listed on the top of every palette. This specific palette looks like a hand holding a platter with the LV logo on it.

If you are a beginner in LV, try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here and here are a couple you can start with. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide.

Like I said previously, I'm not sure this will really help you. This property gives you very limited information about the other side (basically IP address, LV user name) and so may not be very useful. You still may want to look into talking to your program. What you may wish to do is call your local NI office and explain your problem, and they may know how to help you.

(3,244 Views)

Well You r right iam a beginner inlabview just about 3 months but thanks ot GOd during this time i have learn a little bit of labview and have wrote an application that acquire data and can also   update it on mobile. however i do admit my knowledge in labview is not very much an di need people like u to guide me more. about the palette i can off coarse paste vi  both in control palette and function palette  these are the two palette that i have come across .being  an MCP in  miccrosoft product  i know that a object do have properties and i also used the properties of some of control palette but i confess i am unable to find the application node property there iam search that pallete and will off coarse read your send link too

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,236 Views)