LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sero reading when the equipment is off with NI6221

Hi,

I am acquiring few voltage signals using NI-6221 connected through SCB-68 connecting box.  When there is no voltage in the test setup the acquiring data shows some values. Is there any way to make this incoming signal zero when the equipment is off? I appreciate a help very much.

Thanks,

amaka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,482 Views)
How large are the values? You could be picking up electrical or radio frequency noise induced in you wiring.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,472 Views)

Hi,

Values are large as 10V when there is no signal at all, but the values are shown as the waveform mode, kind of squire signal. If this is caused by the wiring problem how can I get rid of that?  Is there some way to calibrate the DAQ.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,466 Views)
What you are seeing is expected behavior with an open input to a DAQ board. See this knowledge base article.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,457 Views)

The link given does not show how to rectify such problem. It is certain that my channels are not open, but as the link says the result is 10. Any suggestion to correct this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,449 Views)

The link given does not show how to rectify such problem. It is certain that my channels are not open, but as the link says the result is 10. Any suggestion to correct this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,449 Views)
You said there was no signal at all to the DAQ board. How are you defining 'no signal'. Exactly what is the state os the source?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,444 Views)

Hi,

What I meant by “no signal” is zero voltage. The source is a detector and when there is no light it shows zero in a voltmeter,  but not in the acquired data from LabVIEW. Sorry if I made a confusion.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,437 Views)
A voltmeter is not a good thing to judge 0 volts. A voltmeter when it's not connected to anything at all will read 0 volts. The detector may not actually be sourcing 0 volts. Try shorting the inputs of the DAQ board to gnd and see what the DAQ board reads.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,433 Views)

Hi,

When the inputs are shorted the DAQ board read the zero value.

If I connect a DAG input to a voltage output of precious   power supply, should the DAQ reading be the same as the set voltage. This is just to check what the wrong here is.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,431 Views)